Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Phase converter

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:38:34 -0500, Ignoramus4976
wrote:

snip

4. about how much run caps for the 25 hp system? I know we'll need to
tune it. Fitch got my other unit within 10 volts. I had a chance to
check it the other day, max volts was 252 L2-L3, lowest was 244 L1-L2,
don't remember the L1-L3 but it was in between. Now, I do wish I
remembered how he did it.

I can find out how much is in my 17.5 HP phase converter (same
principle), it balances voltages great.

I googled FLA and found 20 amp and 60 amp breakers, sounds about
right. Never knew the term FLA before.

Don't see why you think a breaker for each motor is a problem, its
just there for a failure. I will be using an entire three phase load
center panel so he can breaker all his machines.

Don't forget the conversion between 3 phase and single phase amps, 3 phase
amps * 1.732 (square root of 3) = single phase amps. Also there is power
factor and efficiency to deal with.

RogerN