Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default dc-dc converter

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:36:50 -0700, wrote:

Rathe than using a low valure resistor to limit inrush current, use an
ICL. Your input current into the module will be in the order of .5 -
1 amp. Cantherm's MF72-010D7 is available from Digi-key for $.36.
At no load it looks like a 10 ohm resistor, under load it looks like a
.5 ohm resistor. Digi-Key has no minimum order; specify USPS First
Class Mail and shipping would run under $3.00

PlainBill

Another good idea. Thank you. The part you mentioned is rated at 1
Amp continuous but I see larger parts are also available from the same
family. 1 Amp is enough for my current needs, but I will probably
want to match the rating of the converter and get the 3 amp part.

Pat