Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Ed: Inneresting demographics/map tool

"Steve W." wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:54:57 -0700 (PDT), BottleBob
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:42:44 PM UTC-7, Existential Angst wrote:
http://www.searchbug.com/tools/zip-radius.aspx

Punch in a zipcode and radius, and you get the population in that
radius!!

For a svc. oriented bidness, can be a good clue as to where to
centralize a
location.

From fuknYonkers, a 50 mi radius yields 19,000,000 assholes; a 100 mi
radius
yields 29,000,000 assholes..... wow....

Now, avg income would certainly help, but general knowledge of areas
might
suffice as well. Like, for me'n'my fitness/rehab gadgets, I could
pretty
much remove Camden, NJ for field installations..... LOL

The US census site sposedly has a similar thing, and they tell you all
about
it, except how to load the effing program. Sposedly you can create
profiles'n'****.

http://www.census.gov/geo/landview/l..._estimate.html

Kidding would proly know, cuz he's good at jumping thru hoops, swinging
from
dicks....

Sumpn others might find inneresting, mebbe others have other
tips/tricks.

--

EA
EA:

This is pretty cute. My Zip code is 91387 (Canyon Country, CA)

5 Mile Radius = 106,038
10 Mile Radius = 368,104
25 Mile Radius = 3,210,079
50 Mile Radius = 11,507,050
100 Mile Radius = 18,312,370

08840 (Metuchen, NJ)

5 Mile Radius = 278,596
10 Mile Radius = 1,125,567
25 Mile Radius = 7,290,497
50 Mile Radius = 18,595,080
100 Mile Radius = 30,164,680

That's 10% of the US population, within a 2-hour drive of my house.

Yup..... I view that as 30 mil poh-tential installations, within driving
distance....
Camden, NJ excepted, of course.
Should keep me busy for a whlie.....

We're packed in pretty tight. Every other person has to stand on his
head to fit into the can. d8-)

Man it must be tough having all those people around....

It is.... esp. when half of them don't -- or won't -- speak Englich....
But, then, given the idiocy I listen to in englich, mebbe dats a blessing,
eh??
I should proly start watching spanich/korean TV....
--
EA

5 Mile Radius = 1,365 (including the PO boxes where they have them)
10 Mile Radius = 19,727
25 Mile Radius = 181,029
50 Mile Radius = 832,382
100 Mile Radius = 3,734,819

Course the low population is also why we have staffing problems in the
FD...

--
Steve W.