Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman[_2_] D.M.Chapman[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] PDP-11 programmer wanted?

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:27:46 +0000, D.M.Chapman wrote:

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:

Mid 70s saw me programming PDP11 with ML/1 studying under its Author
Peter Brown and his wife Heather at University of Kent.
I'll still have my notes - "somewhere"

Heh, Peter was my project supervisor in my third year in the early 90's.
Modula-3 and C by that time though.

ML/I isn't a programming language per se - although I have added it to
the Rosetta Code site and also done some of the simpler tasks there in it.

So I see - just been reading about it on wikipedia (so it *must* be true :-))

Peter Brown was also the reason I ended up working at the University after
my degree. Very odd phone call

"You did maths with computing? Did you like statistics?"
"No, I dropped stats in the first year and took pure maths"
"Ah, shame. But you did the C++ module?"
"nope, took graphicis, 68k asm and the postscript module"
"Ah shame. Do you want a job for 4 weeks doing some statistical analysis
in C++?"
"Yeah, go on then"

That was in 1995. My 4 week contract appears to have lasted well :-) I still
don't like stats, and I'm still not a great C++ developer :-)

Darren