Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default American beauty pagent contestant answers question on NSA Prismissue

micky was an utter boob by using improper usenet message composition
style by unnecessarily full-quoting:

I've wondered for years how come there have been no big attacks on
the US, in the US.

You mean like the Ft. Hood Terrorist Attack that happened in November
2009 where islamic Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 people - an
event which is officially classified as "workplace violence" ?

Columbine High School massacre?

Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre?

Virginia Tech massacre?

Oklahoma City Bombing?

Boston Marathon bombing?

World Trade Center bombing in 1993?

World Trade Center demolition-by-airplane in 2001?

When I heard about the NSA program, I thought that might be
one reason.

Look at these examples of mass-murder in the US and tell me how many of
them were stopped by NSA/CIA/FBI wiretaps, intelligence or evesdropping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._United_States

Now they say it stopped 10 plots in the USA (and 40+ elsewhere)

And they won't give details or tell you who they've arrested in these
plots, will they?

and I believe it and believe that answers the wonderment I've had
for the second half of the last 12 years.

You are a buffoon for allowing your gov't to believe it has the right,
obligation or authority to look for evidence of crime or criminal intent
*before* or even *if* a crime is committed.

You are a moron for allowing your gov't to define certain types of crime
as terrorism.

What the NSA does and the technical capabilities it has is driven by the
private sector (military and other gov't contractors, IT companies, etc)
and their need to secure more gov't contracts in areas outside of
military weapons systems since that business has dried up after your
illegal invasion of Iraq.