Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default A more flexible drive rod?

Yesterday, another failure occurred. This time, it wasn't one of my
sloppy connections, the right angle gear taken from a Dewalt 18 volt
cordless drill broke. Feels like sort of a triumph

The great thing about gas is that it goes a very long way compared to
battery power. Unfortunately, the motor is heavy. This 21.2 CC engine
has just enough power.

Inline skating will be ready for this when battery technology is much
improved. For now, I might use my new engine to make a gas powered
scooter, instead. And this time, I won't remove the gas trimmer's
built-in clutch.

Maybe another electric version is in order, for short & fun trips.
When I can do it.