Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

Default LADDER

I painted houses with my Dad during my high school summers. He had a triple
section ladder that would jussst let me be able to paint the peaks on a two
story house. I learned to first paint around the ladder where it leaned against
the siding, then paint everything I could reach. By then the paint around the
ladder had dried so I would grab the ladder and throw myself backward and to the
side moving the ladder far enough that I could paint the spots where it had been
resting. He trained me to always step on the rung next to the rail and never in
the center of the rung. The slip board was made out of oak and seemed to weigh
about 700 pounds. He also liked to drip paint on you if you were working
underneath him.

Your pictures brought back some good memories of my Dad. Thanks.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:35:36 -0700 (PDT), Sonny wrote:

I inherited 2 sets of old wooden extension ladders. Pretty neat ladders, very light weight, each of the 4 lengths is about 16' long. They are in excellent shape, splattered paint on them and the metal hardware has surface rust, still securely attached and fully functional. I'll never use them. Someday, when I get the shop straightened out, I'll hang them as/for display, along with the few other old tools.

Not sure if you can see them well. They are presently hanging from the ceiling rafters of the shop's garage. http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...7634192932767/

I'd be interested in a value of them, should anyone have an idea of their value.

Sonny