Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] PDP-11 programmer wanted?

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:55:52 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

(D.M.Chapman) wrote:

Fancy a job? :-)

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcfo...827-Greetings-

from-GE-Canada

Hmm, the nuclear industy's still using those - does that give me a warm
feeling all over or - NO, Torness just went bang, my mistake.

Posted in Sunny Edinburgh. Actually, that's not the Sun...

They were pretty reliable. The University of Edinburgh used them as node
processors all over their network. And RJE stations. And frone end
processors for their mainframes.