Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Opinons on AC brands Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:26:59 AM UTC-4, Pete C. wrote:
Art Todesco wrote:

On 6/17/2013 11:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:19:40 -0700, Ashton Crusher

wrote:

Any opinions on these brands of Home AC systems?

Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse?

First estimate I got was for a Rheem system. He also gave me a

comparison $$$ on a Westinghouse. Rheem 5 ton (15.5 seer) was $6,600

and the Westinghouse (16 seer) $5,800.

Rheem warranty is 10 years parts, 2 years labor. Is that the industry

standard?

A good install is more important than the brand name.

Yes very true. I have and Amana dual stage 16 SEER heat pump/AC. The

nice thing is that Amana provides a lifetime warranty. If anything

breaks in the outside unit, they replace the whole unit! My heating guy

was impressed with that. That said, a friend of mine has 2 Goodman

units. Goodman and Amana are one and the same, sort of. He has had

nothing but trouble and most of it was a bad install. BTW, the units

that come out of the factory with the Goodman name, only have the

lifetime warranty on the compressor.

It's important to remember that just because two units are built in the

same factory does not mean they are built with the same parts.

When I look inside a lot of them it looks like a lot of the same parts.