Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Wanted - PVC/Vinyl cement for flexible PVC

I'm trying to find a 'proper' glue that will 'weld' flexible PVC
sheeting and I'm not having much success. Just about all of the
advertised products that I can find do *not* truly weld the material and
it can be simply peeled apart at the join.

The best I have managed so far is PVC pipe welding glue, for example
Weld-On 725 Wet'R'Dry which certainly welds the material such that the
joint is as strong as the material but it de-plasticises it
considerably.

Is there any similar glue out there which will really weld the PVC but
not de-plasticise it too much?

Can any plastic gurus out there help? FWIW the 725 Wet'R'Dry contains
Tetrohydrofuran, Methyl Ethyl Ketone and Acetone.

--
Chris Green
ยท