Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default $WAG from AC experts for replacing AC

On Monday, June 17, 2013 7:04:12 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Looking for some general $$$ benchmarks from this highly esteemed and

knowledgeable group here on A.H.R

I'm looking at getting all or part of a split AC system replaced.

Ballpark for this....

Outside condensing\Compressor box 4 ton. Reusing the inside evap/air

handler. Straight AC, not heatpump. $$???

Both outside and inside (whole split system) for this 4 Ton unit. $$??

I was told I could just do the outside with a "dry pack" system so I

could stick with R22. Or could do the whole thing and go to the new

R-whatever it is.

Inside airhandler is about 10 years old.

Just a basic split system outside unit, airhandler, no heat. swag would be $4-6k equipment and install.