andrewpreece

Default Are open fireplaces considered desirable by the average house-buyer?

"Frank Z" wrote in message
On 19 Jul 2003 13:19:51 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

(Frank Z) writes:

Thanks to everyone for the input. Do those gas powered imitation coal
fires require a flue?

They certainly do.

That's what I was suspecting. However, today, (after posting my
question) I noticed several 'flueless' gas fires on offer - e.g., at
B&Q.... I can't imagine *why* they don't need a flue though...

Frank

I believe they use forced ventilation i.e a motor driving a fan; this allows
buildings with no chimney or one shorter than about 16 feet to support a
fire.

Andy