Doug Miller

Default 240volt vs. 120volt

In article , "BadgerDog" wrote:
Why would the saw run cooler if there is more voltage to the saw?

Because the current is less, and it's current that generates heat, not
voltage.

To first order, won't the saw consume the same amount of power when using
120V or 240V (assuming of course the motor is wired correctly for the
appropriate voltage)?

To a first order approximation, yes.

That said, in reality I think that saw will consume a
little more power (maybe 5-10% more for a typical installation) in the 240V
configuration than it would in the 120V configuration.

Why would you think that?

--
Regards,