Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default $WAG from AC experts for replacing AC

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:04:12 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

Looking for some general $$$ benchmarks from this highly esteemed and
knowledgeable group here on A.H.R

I'm looking at getting all or part of a split AC system replaced.
Ballpark for this....

Outside condensing\Compressor box 4 ton. Reusing the inside evap/air
handler. Straight AC, not heatpump. $$???

Both outside and inside (whole split system) for this 4 Ton unit. $$??

I was told I could just do the outside with a "dry pack" system so I
could stick with R22. Or could do the whole thing and go to the new
R-whatever it is.

Inside airhandler is about 10 years old.

Whatever you do, the unit should match for the best efficiency. A new
outside unit should match the inside unit.

A complete new 2 ton system could cost $11,000 - where are you...