nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

It's easier to understand what she means if you just look at the second half of the response:

"... so I would rather someone track my telephone messages and
feel safe where-ever I go "THAN" feel like you're encroaching on my
privacy.

It's the word THAN that makes her response sound conflicted.

In her mind there are two options:

A) have the government track personal communications to stop the bad guys SO that she feels safe wherever she goes, or

B) have the government track personal communications BUT her feel that someone is encroaching on her privacy.

She's saying I'd rather have option A THAN option B.

Put any one of us on national television with 200 million people watching our every move and we'll all sound like idiots too. That big deal that happened a few years ago when some Miss America contestant sounded stupid was just nerves. No one with excellent genetics like that ends up with a brain that doesn't work.

Last edited by nestork : June 17th 13 at 07:41 PM