Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dbr@kbrx.com is offline

Default Forklift is running...kinda sorta

Gunner - what voltage is that forklift using? If that's a 12 volt system,
a 5 watt pot should work; if 24 volts, poping in 15 minutes would seem
about right.

Hul

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:59:55 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:44:37 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 6/10/2013 2:29 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
My Baker-Linde forklift got a carby rebuild this evening and it now
idles

Got an idea yet?

I picked up a 5 watt 0-75 ohm pot this week and will be installing it
here as soon as I wake up. Got in at 3:30am and crashed hard in my
beddyby

Ill let yall know if it works.

Worked fine..but the pot was too small and it ultimately burned out in
about 15 minutes. Found some 65 ohm wirewound .5 amp pots still in
the package in one of my electronics cabinets after a desperate and
rapid search...works well enough to get the job done. Mounted it on a
piece of 4x5 x .125" aluminum and taped it to a untility box. Not
even close in values..but if I tweak it carefuly..I can get proper
rpms. Looks like I need a much bigger ..more amps pot..probably a
couple amps to do this right. But..I was running out of time...so did
in desperation. got the back yard mostly cleaned and moved..so I can
now get the motor home out. The "family" has been slowly cleaning out
the conex..so Ill use the fork lift (after another propane run in the
morning) and pull out the heavy stuff and get ready to move the conex
Monday.

I hated spending $9 on a pot and watching the magic smoke come out of
it after 45 minutes. But its running with the .5 amp wire wound and I
have a spare.

. Steering cylinder is leaking..any suggestions to stop it? Doesnt
appear to be a rebuildable but it may just be the dust/mang on it.
Cant see any snap rings on the rod end. Hope I get the job done
before running out of oil. After an hour or two..the leak slowed down
a lot. Probably ran most of the water in the system through it..it was
pretty bright yellow.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid? to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."