Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Today

Our drummer came by this morning to put his gear in my garage for a
few days while he swaps one car for another. This is the fellow who
lost a fingertip to a table saw about six weeks ago, by the way.
Friday was his first gig back with the band and I'm happy to say that
he did well. In the typical mode of affection and mutual support used
among musicians, I mentioned that he actually seemed to @#$% up less
than usual that night.

He told me he was off to spend his day replacing the flood-damaged
sheetrock at his daughter's basement apartment. I told him I was going
to spend the morning finishing up the installation of my long-delayed
bookcases. (that's done now)

It struck me that both of those things, while not exactly like
reclining on the Barcalounger with a beer, were pretty appropriate
Fathers' Day activities.

Happy Fathers' Day to all the Dads here.