Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Forklift is running...kinda sorta

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:59:55 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:44:37 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 6/10/2013 2:29 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
My Baker-Linde forklift got a carby rebuild this evening and it now
idles

Got an idea yet?

I picked up a 5 watt 0-75 ohm pot this week and will be installing it
here as soon as I wake up. Got in at 3:30am and crashed hard in my
beddyby

Ill let yall know if it works.

Oh, and after you get it running, call the 'acquaintance' that
borrowed the forklift and wrecked the control box, and get him on
finding a replacement - or at least a component level schematic so you
can fix that one, wangle up a breadboarded version, or find something
else that can be repurposed for the use.

Remind him about that part where you own a Backhoe and have 50,000
acres of desert in your back yard. See if that helps his attitude.

And just a thought: All the new generator sets out there don't use
mechanical governors anymore, they do it electronically from the
Tachometer sense line off the ignition, and send commands straight to
the throttle body and EFI to hold 1800 or 3600 spot on. And that's
what you need for the forklift...

Check with Murphy Switchgage and the other people who make small and
medium gen-set controls and safeties, see if there's something that
can be adapted.

-- Bruce --