Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default electric fencer

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 13 Jun 2013
13:46:44 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message

? ... He demands
? an exact clone of the Tektronix part, and would probably demand a
? Tek QA
? stamp on them.

Does this fit?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality

yes. I've worked with people like that, and it isn't pleasant.
They'll give a hundred reasons why something can't be done, then tell
you it was 'Dumb luck' when proven wrong. One would spend up to seven
hours testing and certifying a single board. He insisted that an
improved test fixture that reduced the average time to 17 minutes
couldn't possibly be turning out any good boards. He, and several
others couldn't be convinced of SRF in resistors and capacitors threw a
hissy fit when I designed a broadband DC block to replace the pile of
unlabeled junk that was in use. It consisted of a stack of surface
mount caps. I use .33 uF. .033 uF .0033 uF 330 pF and 33 pF. It was
assembled in a rectangular bras box with BNC connectors on each end, and
I sued 1/8" brass tubing that was soldered over the center pins of the
BNC connectors, then the caps were soldered to the tubes. They were
flat from 100 KHz to 1400 MHz on a network analyzer with under .5 dB
insertion loss. He, and others insisted that it couldn't possibly work
without a way to switch the individual caps. I even caught one of the
engineers off guard with the design. That design was the first test
fixture to be assigned a part number at Microdyne, and to have the
sketches turned into a detailed CAD drawing and have a B.O.M in the
database.

And after you sued the 1/8" brass tubing, too.
--
pyotr filipivich