Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default electric fencer

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:46:44 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Jim Wilkins wrote:
??
?? "Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
?? ...
??
?? ? ... He demands
?? ? an exact clone of the Tektronix part, and would probably demand a
?? ? Tek QA
?? ? stamp on them.
??
?? Does this fit?
?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality
?
?
? yes. I've worked with people like that, and it isn't pleasant.

No, it isn't. And it sounds like most of the Demonrat party fits that
description, too.

Rats turn on each other when the free food runs out.

?They'll give a hundred reasons why something can't be done, then tell
?you it was 'Dumb luck' when proven wrong. One would spend up to seven
?hours testing and certifying a single board. He insisted that an
?improved test fixture that reduced the average time to 17 minutes
?couldn't possibly be turning out any good boards. He, and several
?others couldn't be convinced of SRF in resistors and capacitors threw a
?hissy fit when I designed a broadband DC block to replace the pile of
?unlabeled junk that was in use. It consisted of a stack of surface
?mount caps. I use .33 uF. .033 uF .0033 uF 330 pF and 33 pF. It was
?assembled in a rectangular bras box with BNC connectors on each end, and
?I sued 1/8" brass tubing that was soldered over the center pins of the
?BNC connectors, then the caps were soldered to the tubes. They were
?flat from 100 KHz to 1400 MHz on a network analyzer with under .5 dB
?insertion loss. He, and others insisted that it couldn't possibly work
?without a way to switch the individual caps. I even caught one of the
?engineers off guard with the design. That design was the first test
?fixture to be assigned a part number at Microdyne, and to have the
?sketches turned into a detailed CAD drawing and have a B.O.M in the
?database.

?clap, clap, clap? You got the clap doing that, Mikey.

Kudos, BTW.

Never tell me something is impossible, unless you can prove it.