Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default C - Audio slave amp ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
I did look at uploading the schematics to eserviceinfo, but they want far
too many personal details for registration for my liking.

Gareth.

All received, thanks. I'll try and look into it again by the weekend, and
post back.

Phil. Did you have a good birthday ? :-)

Arfa

OK. It's fixed. The three relay coils are in series and are switched by Q45.
There was good volts at its emitter, but bugger all at its collector.
Conditions at its base were wrong, but not because of it sensing DC offset
or over-temp condition, so had to be a component around the transistor.
Turned out that the base ground return resistor R148 39k was completely
open. No signs of any distress or corrosion, just open. Put a new one in,
and away it went, so I was a happy bunny as I reached for the pen to write
the bill out ... :-)

Cheers for the help with the schems Gareth. It just makes the job so much
easier !

Arfa