Unisaw A100

Default Undercabinet lighting ???

Absotively it's the best thing you can do for a kitchen.
But first, a thing or two about it.

1) We bought ours from Home Depot. I can't remember the
exact model but it was the "higher end" GE product. These
are the ones that are hard wired into the home electrical
grid. They are the "slim line" (1 1/4" high?/sorry, too
lazy to get off my dead ass to measure) and all are wired to
a central wall switch. You can get the ones with the plug
end and switch them individually but A) I didn't want to be
dealing with the cord and B) it's a pain in the ass to walk
around and flick them on individually. By the way, not all
Home Depots carry this model so don't give up too soon.
Also, you can look for a supplier of Alco Little Inch
fixtures but the cost will increase semi-significantly.

2) Go as large as possible with the lights. The individual
light don't throw off a great deal of light though in
combination they do a great job of flooding the area.

3) Raise the bottom deck (i.e., the door stays put) of your
cabinets by 2 1/2". Install a light valance behind the
doors (3/4" X 2 1/2" toe screwed (Kreg drill) into the
bottom of the cabinet bottom. This will block the light
from shining through the gap between the meeting edges of
the doors.

4) Wall color (colour David) will affect/effect the look of
things as will the underside of your cabinets.

5) Stand back when you are done and marvel at how damn good
it all looks. No really, you can believe me on this one.

UA100