Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Faux pas ordering pool pump & pool filter o-rings by trade size! :)

On Jun 12, 11:50*pm, Danny D wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:09:18 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:
http://www.manuf-rubber.com/sizing_gauges.html

Wow. That's a beautiful tool!
I was unaware of o-ring sizing cones and sliders.

I see Grainger sells them for $80 & $92 respectively.
*http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ecatalog/N-1z0dpyt

You can get the cone for half that he
*http://www.theoringstore.com/index.p...t_info&cPath=3...

Likewise he
*http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oring-Measur...-/200274143485

A bit cheaper in the Fastenal brand:
*https://www.fastenal.com/web/product...merican-packin....

I know where to get them...... if you recall, I was the one who
suggested a gauge?

I was unaware of ____________ fill in the blank with nearly any noun or subject.

btw I have an acceptable o-ring source, o-rings are generally cheap /
reasonable where I buy them.
FInding rock bottom o-ring prices is a waste of my time..... I don't
use them that often & they are NEVER a cost driver.

I think you tend to forget about that whole forest / tree thing & cost
benefit analysis.
Everything (even minutiae) seems to have the same import / priority. :
(

Concentrate on the important stuff not the fly s....
Not the goo in the grout lines.

Go volunteer somewhere......