Unisaw A100

Default OT-Carter Products celebrates 75 years serving the woodworking industry

Dave Hinz wrote:
In one of the VW auto groups, there's a guy there (John)
who is _very_ helpful and an active participant.
Picture Charlie Self, but with VW Beetle stuff. Months into
reading the group, I realized that he was also the person selling
restoration products, repair parts, and all that, that people were
refering to by vendor name (rather than his name, y'see, so it wasn't
obvious).

Much like our own St. Robin of Lee? Or once upon a time
Bennet of TS Aligner fame. Though with the former I've nary
seen a commercial endorsement and the man demonstrates
probably the best bidness model I've ever seen whereas the
latter usually only spoke to alignment issues (his strong
suit) but is remembered for the long (OK, painful to those
who watched) flame wars with the likes of Puzzle Boy.

To contrast, if it's someone who hasn't participated (and/or
contributed) in a group and they wander in with their commercial,
I see it as about the same as someone crashing a party, breaking
into conversations, and trying to sell everyone at the party something.

You know though, I've seen many a "rep" type unbatten the
hatches and stick out their heads on forums like this but
few (OK, nearly none) get it right. The truth be known I
for one wouldn't mind having the place swarming with them as
long as they'd maybe minor in the Rob Lee School Of How To
Do It Right.

Hey! A guy can dream the improbable, can't he?

It was one of the milder spam's that I've seen, but it's still a
pork product in a can with that disgusting jelly stuff on it.

And what's up with that iridescent color (colour David) on
that stuff anyway?

UA100