Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default alt.english.usage,alt.usage.english

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 05:30:23 -0400, micky
wrote:

Ah, but you can have your very own personal local weather report and
forecast with the NWS "Point Forecast". For example:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=37.081275&textField2=-122.09458699999999#.UbVHONgVRSk
is the forecast for about 4 square miles surrounding my location.
http://www.weather.gov

But after looking at these two urls, they only allowed one to put in
the city and state, or zip code. Where is the "much finer grain
forecast is possible, such as the NWS point forecast." that you
referred to in Monday's post?

Or by "finer grain" do you mean there is more data for the same area?

Weather.gov allows the full address. I just tried various addresses.
It correctly built a small box on the map surrounding the location.
Try it again, using the recommended address or lat-long formats as
found in:
http://www.weather.gov/ForecastSearchHelp.html
If Google Maps can't find your location, then either you were
insufficiently specific, or you don't exist. Failure to exist is an
existential proposition and may require the assistance of a
philosopher to rectify.

By address, do you mean city and state, or do you mean something more
specific, like street address?

Something more specific, like your exact address. See that help at:
http://www.weather.gov/ForecastSearchHelp.html
If there are too many syllables, perhaps an abrev or concat will work.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D