Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Is "The Kid" related to Iggy

Ignoramus5948 wrote:

On 2013-06-12, Pete C. wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:16:16 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

My son just got a free 15" southbend from grandpa just for coming to
visit. Dad tossed in a 12" bench grinder, and a small pickup load of
tools, and a real nice monster wench. No small trip - MN to NM - 2K
miles.

Then "The Kid" just won this auction
http://auctions.machinesused.com/lis...mnum=846984426

Now he's surfing fleabay for a couple VFDs.

Karl

I actually did pretty well over the weekend. I got a 1942 vintage 6x18
Norton surface grinder with hydraulic traverse and cross feed, a Brown
and Sharp mag chuck, a large selection of wheels and arbors, 5C spin
indexer, diamond dresser on a B&S mag base, small coolant pump/tank
unit, some assorted 1/2 and 1/4 Loc-Line components, a Precise S 65 high
speed spindle (needs collets and collet nut), two DuMont Minuteman
keyway broach sets, a chucking reamer set, a tub of assorted slotting
and slitting saws and a big box of assorted aluminum hunks 1/4"-3" thick
or so.

sounds like Iggy best get going, he's got competition for best
scrounger.

Heh, I spent about $1,400 including diesel to go get it. If Iggy got it
he'd spend that much but it would all come pre-loaded in a nice box
truck with lift gate and low miles included in the deal.

Hey, we all get great deals, good deals, and not so good deals, myself
included. What's important is

1) Always pay not more than market price for what you need
2) Always pay a lot less than the market price for stuff to be resold
3) Not to have way too much stuff that it impedes movement or cash flow

You will get great use of that grinder.

The grinder is running as of last night, and purrs like a 70 year old
kitten