Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default C - Audio slave amp ...

"Gareth Magennis"
"Phil Allison"
** Decades ago, I managed to extract some schems for C-Audio from the
Aussie
importer ( same people who now make Rode Microphones). Not like normal
schems, these were large scale drawings with each part of an amp on a new
page - so very had to use in servicing. Chucked them a long while ago.

IIRC, the relay system was full of BF422 and BF423 transistors, all
sitting
right in the fan blast, with badly corroded legs. Check and replace these
if
needed and that may be all you have to do.

It was on one of these amps that I replaced BC182's with BC182L,s not
realising the pinout was different.
It was a week before I worked out what the f**k was going on there.

** The BF423 and MPSA92 differ only slightly in specs, but have different
pin outs.

The BF number having the collector in the middle while the MPSA has the
base there.

.... Phil