Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

Default Stanley 260 torpedo level & other old tools (0/1)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:46:44 -0400, wrote:

Attached are images of the restored Stanley #260 Torpedo level, the
current Made-in-Thailand Stanley Torpedo level to compare, and an old
GE/Revere electric clock I restored some years back used as a
backdrop.

Can anyone identify the wood? I figure it is black walnut.

Probably rosewood or mahogany depending on age.

When I get a chance, I'll take shots of the old Stanley planes.

There is something about those old Stanley tools...

We look forward to your pictures. I got sucked into hand tools because I was
interested in planes, and it went downhill from there. I'm finding my main
interest is in socketed chisels. I really need to make some time to turn a
bunch of handles.

Nice work on the clock. I am glad you could repair the original works.