Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Faux pas ordering pool pump & pool filter o-rings by trade size! :)

On Jun 12, 7:22*pm, Danny D wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:32:00 -0700, Oren wrote:
What is boring is waiting for your final leak test.

I guess I should take a picture of it not leaking...

The final leak test has long been done.
The o-ring search is merely long-overdue maintenance.

BTW, if you ever need o-rings, I know now, from my
price survey, that these two outfits are exactly
the same price (at usually pennies each):

BEST:
1.http://oringwarehouse.com
2.http://theoringstore.com

And these outfits are ten times more expensive, but,
still at about a dollar or two, the prices are fine:

GOOD:
3.http://mfpseals.com
4.http://www.oringsusa.com
5.http://www.onlineorings.com

These (pool-oriented) guys are 100x more expensive:

WORST:
6.http://www.inyopools.com
7.http://www.hottubworks.com

This simple summary above, I had not known, until someone
(Oren?, krw?) I don't remember who ... suggested we source
o-rings (and bearings) by trade size.

Did oyu take look at McMaster & Parker?

http://www.manuf-rubber.com/sizing_gauges.html