Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Faux pas ordering pool pump & pool filter o-rings by trade

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:32:00 -0700, Oren wrote:

Whatever you pay local is going to last for years.

Hi Oren,

That *is* a good point.

In fact, I strive to buy from Barnes & Noble and not Amazon
when I buy books (I buy about one a week on average as I
read voraciously) - simply for that reason.

The local B&N provides a *service* which I don't want to
go away; and, their prices are decent.

However, at $75 a pump seal at Sears, I don't feel it's my
job to keep them in business, when I can buy that very same
seal on the net for $10.

There's a limit to local patronage.
Would *you* buy a $75 shaft seal if you could get it for $10 online?
(Same brand. US Seal.)