Default constructing a wooden scaffold

Frank Shute wrote:

I need to put up scaffolding around my summer house in Finland in
order to do some work on the outside.

Since softwood lumber is plentiful and cheap there I was thinking of
building it myself.

Has anybody tackled a project like this and if so would they have any
useful links that explain how to go about it.

TIA.

I don't have links but you should be able to come up with something if
your inate sense of proportion and reasonableness is not far off the
mark. Many have an eye for what just isn't going to work and others
do not. Have things you engineered in the past fell apart or held up?
If they tended to fail then maybe renting scaffold would be the best
plan for you.

On a couple houses I helped my brother build, we resorted to digging
5' deep holes and dropping tree's we cut into them for the vertical
sections and then just slapping some 2x10's to sides with some osb on
top to walk on. No railings but they could have been added. I
*never* crawled up on them since my balance isn't perfect though my
brother is a monkey when it comes to that. The tallest scaffolding
was 28' which we achieved with some 40 foot poplars we cut down off
the property and used a back hoe to maneuver into the hole we dug.

Wes