Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Faux pas ordering pool pump & pool filter o-rings by trade size! :)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:12:00 +0000 (UTC), Danny D
wrote:

Well, to be fair, the pump kit doesn't include all the o-rings
(e.g., the GO-KIT38 doesn't have the two drain plug o-rings).

Jump off the porch and try something for the drain plug O-rings.

Replace the old O-ring with faucet stem packing. Couple or less
wraps around the thumb screw, then tighten snug.

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/deansofidaho/media/Machine/Steam/Graphitestring.jpg.html

My solar panels inline pump pipe T-stat had and O-ring go bad and
leak. I used the stem packing to replace the O-ring. The pool guy
was impressed.. never a leak.