Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert[_18_] Robert[_18_] is offline

Default Timers for electric range top burners ???

On Jun 10, 12:31 pm, wrote:

I asked this question a month or so ago. I think he is talking about a
"turn off" timer, not a "turn on" timer.
Basically you could limit the length of time a "left on" burner would
burn.

You are correct. I have no interest in turning the thing on when
I'm not around, but if I get busy and forget about a pot on the
stove, I'd rather it shut off, uncooked, than turn everything to
carbon...
The older I get, the more likely it is to happen. However ,
reading the various answers here, it looks like there isn't
one available. I'm not interested in motion detectors, unless
it is paired with a timer. Thanks for your reply.