Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Update: Craftsman quick-grip clamps

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:25:29 AM UTC-5, JayPique wrote:
So I really like the functionality of the Craftsman brand quick-grip clamps. And I was under the impression they were covered by the Craftsman lifetime warranty. Alas, they are only covered for a year and you need a receipt to warranty exchange within that time period. DAMHIKT. Even still, I like the clamps, I just need to be more careful about working within the load limitations.

Anyone else have a preferred quick-grip style clamp they really like?

JP

I've had a lot of luck with the Crapsman quick clamps. I have the two smallest ones and two the larger ones, I would guess three feet or so. The rubber ends are nice and grippy, and they give reasonable clamp pressure, like an extra set of hands.

But they have severe pressure limitations. I would not, for example, use them for gluing up.

I'm sad to hear the warranty is only a year. I didn't know that. I would guess I've had these for four or more years.