Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Faux pas ordering pool pump & pool filter o-rings by trade

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:16:45 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

I could have charged $10+ a copy for the cross reference list
I had from Harley parts to the industry part.

Indeed!

I see now how valuable it would be to have a cross reference
of all of a car or bike's o-rings to trade sizes!

All we'd need to do is *measure* the pristine o-rings and then
cross reference them to the standard sizes.

But, what's the "trick" to measuring them accurately?

The cross section is "squishy"; and the inner diameter variable
(unless you can measure the mating groove).

Is the only trick to measure "gently"?