Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

On Jun 11, 12:10*pm, mike wrote:
On 6/11/2013 8:56 AM, wrote:

On Jun 10, 8:43 pm, *wrote:
"hrhofm...@sbcglobal. net *wrote:
On Jun 10, 7:45 pm, *wrote:
Oops.....wrong link

Correct linkhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/9010876967/

That looks a whole lot more relevant to the topicg.

Anything around the sides is going to make it a lot easier for the air
exhausting the top to get pulled back into the sides unless there is
some sort of additional barricade between the top and the sides, like
a big flat plate with a hole in the middle for the exhaust air, and
extending horizontally to the tops of the side panels.and the building.

I don't see that being the case to any large degree. I think the upward
flow sucks air horizontally.

Greg

I hope you're right, for the OP's sake.

It's not rocket science.
Put a thermometer on top in the exit path.
Obscure the sides to various degrees. *Cardboard works.
If the temperature goes up, it costs you money.
Just decide how much more you want to spend and obscure it that much.- Hide quoted text -

Ahhh, the analtyical approach. I think the method is
valid, as long as all else remains constant.