Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

On 6/11/2013 8:56 AM, wrote:
On Jun 10, 8:43 pm, wrote:
"hrhofm...@sbcglobal. net wrote:
On Jun 10, 7:45 pm, wrote:
Oops.....wrong link

Correct link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/9010876967/

That looks a whole lot more relevant to the topicg.

Anything around the sides is going to make it a lot easier for the air
exhausting the top to get pulled back into the sides unless there is
some sort of additional barricade between the top and the sides, like
a big flat plate with a hole in the middle for the exhaust air, and
extending horizontally to the tops of the side panels.and the building.

I don't see that being the case to any large degree. I think the upward
flow sucks air horizontally.

Greg

I hope you're right, for the OP's sake.

It's not rocket science.
Put a thermometer on top in the exit path.
Obscure the sides to various degrees. Cardboard works.
If the temperature goes up, it costs you money.
Just decide how much more you want to spend and obscure it that much.