Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

First, thanks for the inputs.

Second, I enclosed a photo for those interested. You can view here
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ad...art/BA-7000-00

The installation partook last August and at that time, I didn't think
about enclosing it. The installers and myself were discussing several
location options and they thought it best where it is. I had to cut away
the section of my deck in order to fit it there. I did not want it on
top of deck for obvious reasons.

The square opening is roughly 46" on each side. You'll see the 4x4 posts
which I already installed. The objective is to install the lattice and
framing to the posts. At this time, I am now thinking of louvers instead
of lattice. Whichever way I go, it'll be encased in a frame and most
likely have eye-bolts to rest on L-hooks on the post, two per side, high
and low for easy removal. I also plan to make a removable screen to rest
on top during the fall and early spring when the Maple seeds drop, since
many end up in the unit.

The framed enclosure (whichever I use), is roughly 6" from the unit. As
you can also see, one side is facing the house, roughly one foot.

Viewing the picture is also facing south. We get a good wind coming from
the west (right of picture) often.

I'm contemplating louvers since I believe it'll allow more airflow.

Anything I left out?