Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 05:54:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I'm not so sure about the enclosed on two sides part. I would think
if
you put a lattice that isn't the most open type right up against two
sides
of the unit, you could still substantially reduce the airflow on those
two
sides. Air has to get through there somehow and blocking off 1/2
of it could have an impact, I would think.

The enclosed on two sides assumes there will be some clearance. You
only need a couple of inches to get air flow to the fins. There was
no mention of attaching to the condenser, just putting a visual
shield.