Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Latest Project

One thing that I could suggest as an improvement would to put a

switch on the internal dust cover door that has to be swung open to change

blades. It is hard for me to remember to close it and sawdust goes

everywhere inside when I forget. If the saw motor cover door or the belt

access door are left open the saw will not start. I think the same should

be true for that dust cover.

Hmm, I wonder is the pro model different. I change the blades form the top, no side door to open. Do you maybe mean the access door to set the clearance of the brake? I did that once and it works for every blade so far.

I change the blade from the top too but between the end of the arbor,
the end that receives the blade and nut, to the plastic swing door that
helps contain the dust there is about 1" clearance. I can't put my hand
down there to remove or replace the arbor nut without opening that cover
door. Not talking external doors.

If yu look at this first picture you will see the cover door in the
close position, it is directly above the dust hose. It has a single
hinge bolt on the front just to the left, in the picture, of the top of
the dust hose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

In this second picture you see the cover door opened at about a 30
degree angle. This is the door that I often forget to close after
changing blades. BTW the yellow bolt just behind the arbor is the one I
adjust the brake clearance with.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

I have resorted to immediately opening the outer motor cover door when
I open the dust cover door to remove the blade. This prevents the saw
from starting until I close it. When I close it I remember to check the
cover door.

On the industrial you have access to the brake adjustment hex bolt by
simply removing the throat plate.