Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Timers for electric range top burners ???

On Monday, June 10, 2013 1:01:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Jun 10, 12:43*pm, Robert wrote:

Is anyone aware of an electric range that has timers

which can be set for the electric burners on the

cooktop ??

Thanks ...

Never seen one. Only for ovens. Probably doesn't exist

because of the obvious safety implications. Even with an

oven there is some risk, but with a stove top, I think it would

be so risky that manufacturers would not make it.

I've always thought that stove/ranges should have an auto shutoff timer feature. If the over/burners are on without any changes to the total power draw for more than 4 hours the whole thing should shut off. Bet that would prevent a fair number of house fires.