Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift is running...kinda sorta

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:41:10 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

My Baker-Linde forklift got a carby rebuild this evening and it now
idles

However..the electronic throttle still isnt working.

On this particular Linde forkllift (B30-PL)...hydrostatic
drive...there is an electonic box that used to be bolted under the
dash. I loaned the forklift to a guy, who kicked it off the
firewall..and let rain fill it up. DOA

Well, the obvious low-cost solution is to get a Bowden wire
throttle from an auto parts or lawn mower parts store. Running
the typical gas engine at small throttle settings, it will
pretty much self-regulate anyway, and you probably won't
need to mess with the throttle all that much.

I had an aftermarket cruise control I put on an '89 Corolla.
I got it for about $25 on eBay. It had a magnet you strapped
to a CV joint and a pickup coil you mounted nearby.
This one was vacuum-operated, it had a control valve and a
diaphragm that pulled on the throttle. You might be able
to find one of these on eBay and adapt, even a suitable
electromagnetic governor for a gen set or similar machine.
It really isn't rocket science, so such a module should not
be terribly expensive.

Jon

Ive looked the engine over..and I honestly cant find a place to put
the sensor. And its a very very good idea!

There is a VW industrial Jetta engine in there..and a very big!
hydraulic pump with 4 belts running it directly from the engine. The
fan is on the other end of course..and it too has no usable shaft area
to strap anything to. Trust me..Ive looked and pondered and
considered over and over again..and I cant see anyway to add an
outboard cruise control. No CV joints anywhere, no drive shaft..nadda.

There has to be some sensor of some sort on that engine for the
existing box to work..but damned if I can figure it out without a
diagram or manual.

Gunner, on his way to LA

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
RaidŽ to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."