Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift is running...kinda sorta

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:43:34 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 6/10/2013 8:14 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 05:53:39 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

Your machine is using a complicated solution to a simple problem.

It's using cheaper electronics to do a more expensive mechanical
solution.

Why not just open up the 'box' and fix what's in there?

I used to repair OMC marine throttle controls. Nothin' gets as messed up
as salt water electronics. They can be fixed. Cleaning is the first
step.

Lloyd

1. its sealed
2. I dont know what or where all the wires go

Thats why I need a diagram of the wiring or even the guts of the box

Ill cut the ******* open with a hot knife if I had some circuit
diagrams.

And yeah..its German

3 pedals?

reverse, stop and forward. they couldnt come up with a single pedal
you push the top to go forward..the bottom to in reverse..and a brake?

Lots of hydrostatic forklifts do just that..with a gas pedal

Not the Germans...oh no...they were in one of their ****ed off modes
when they sent this sumbitch to America

Number and photograph what you see, open the thing---oh wait a sec, you
said it was sealed! If that's the case, chances are it's the
connections to the box that need repair.

Inside that box is a printed circuit board. There are some very small
pots visible between the terminals. So there obviously is a PC board
inside of that box..and with 4-5 tiny pots adjustable from outside the
box.....(and no lable, markers..nada on any of them)

The box is glued shut. Its not hermetically sealed, its not waterproof
sealed..its simply glued shut

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
RaidŽ to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."