Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Forklift is running...kinda sorta

Gunner Asch wrote:

My Baker-Linde forklift got a carby rebuild this evening and it now
idles

However..the electronic throttle still isnt working.

On this particular Linde forkllift (B30-PL)...hydrostatic
drive...there is an electonic box that used to be bolted under the
dash. I loaned the forklift to a guy, who kicked it off the
firewall..and let rain fill it up. DOA

Well, the obvious low-cost solution is to get a Bowden wire
throttle from an auto parts or lawn mower parts store. Running
the typical gas engine at small throttle settings, it will
pretty much self-regulate anyway, and you probably won't
need to mess with the throttle all that much.

I had an aftermarket cruise control I put on an '89 Corolla.
I got it for about $25 on eBay. It had a magnet you strapped
to a CV joint and a pickup coil you mounted nearby.
This one was vacuum-operated, it had a control valve and a
diaphragm that pulled on the throttle. You might be able
to find one of these on eBay and adapt, even a suitable
electromagnetic governor for a gen set or similar machine.
It really isn't rocket science, so such a module should not
be terribly expensive.

Jon