Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Update: Craftsman quick-grip clamps

On 6/10/2013 10:43 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:25:29 AM UTC-5, JayPique wrote:
So I really like the functionality of the Craftsman brand quick-grip clamps. And I was under the impression they were covered by the Craftsman lifetime warranty. Alas, they are only covered for a year and you need a receipt to warranty exchange within that time period. DAMHIKT. Even still, I like the clamps, I just need to be more careful about working within the load limitations.

Anyone else have a preferred quick-grip style clamp they really like?

JP

I have about a half dozen of the HF 12 inchers in my collection. They work well and often are on sale for $2 per unit. Can't go wrong at that price.

They may well be different now, but I got a couple of the ones with the
orange handles a number of years back. I figured the same thing: "can't
go wrong".

I snapped the orange "moving" part of the handle off withing a minute
after opening the package; the very first time I tried to tighten it on
something. Chastened, I decided it was too much trouble to send it back;
I'd just use the other one for really light-duty stuff. The very first
time I used it, and even though I thought I was being more gentle, I
snapped that one off too, nearly cutting myself on the jagged plastic
edge in the process.

In case anyone is wondering, I consider myself well within the "average"
range as regards grip strength.