Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Fear of radiation worse than radiation...

On 10/06/2013 08:18, harry wrote:
On Jun 9, 5:12 pm, Nightjar wrote:
On 09/06/2013 16:58, harry wrote:

On Jun 9, 12:01 pm, Nightjar
wrote:
On 09/06/2013 09:01, polygonum wrote:

On 09/06/2013 08:49, harry wrote:
Renewable technologies are about saving fossil fuel.

What is the reason to save them?

None whatsoever, given that we already have the technology to breed oil
from algae feeding on human or animal waste. Admittedly it currently
costs $800 a barrel, but that is in laboratory conditions and the cost
could be expected to plummet were it to be done on an industrial scale.

Colin Bignell

I think that would be substantially more than wind turbines or PV.

There is good reason to think it could be made competitive with tar
sands or shale oil and oil is a much better source of power for road
transport than electricity.

Colin Bignell

You ARE full of ****.
This is what you want?
http://www.businessinsider.com/photo...s-2012-10?op=1

Try

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-tou...dian-economy-1

for a view of the future of oils sands extraction.

In any case, that has nothing to do with algal oil production, which
is effectively making oil the way nature did, without the multi-million
year wait.

Colin Bignell