Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default wood floors

willshak wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, June 24, 2011 4:41:36 PM UTC+3, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 24, 7:38 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one
her friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood
floors. Is this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into
account. Some areas look like they took a BB gun to it.
That's because there's an incredible amount of force generated by
the tiny contact area - on the order of thousands of pounds per
square inch, and your daughter's friends heels were worn down so
that the metal support rod was exposed. The manufacturer of that
engineered floor does take high heeled shoes into account - read
the manual/ installation instructions and you will see the
disclaimer. Too bad about the floor. You'll notice those marks less over
time
as the floor exhibits its inevitable wear over time. It's like the
first ding in a new car door - it really hurts.

Hi
we are a company that operates in Saudi Arabia
too bad we are in different district other wise we could help you by
proposing a solution from Chemical company called Chimiver. it will
revive the parquet & reduce the effect that the scratches leave on
your wooden flooring. visit our website where the kink is there & maybe you
can find the
product at your country.
www.alkayandecor.com

Similar happened to my wood parquet floor. It appeared that the woman
had lost the rubber soles on her high heels leaving only the heads of
the nails exposed. This happened about 10 years ago and the dents are
still there.

But did they ever find the body?