Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default alt.english.usage,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 15:28:42 -0400, micky
wrote:

I haven't linked at Jeff's links yet,

Sniff... I just hate being ignored.

If you had your own private weather report, as Cape Canaveral has on
the days it might launch a rocket, it will cover a smaller area. But
even if it's only an acre, it might rain on one half and not on the
other half.

Ah, but you can have your very own personal local weather report and
forecast with the NWS "Point Forecast". For example:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=37.081275&textField2=-122.09458699999999#.UbVHONgVRSk
is the forecast for about 4 square miles surrounding my location.
http://www.weather.gov
Just inscribe your address in the search box and click on "get
detailed info. I've been using it for about a year. It works better
than the area type forecasts, mostly because the nearest official
weather station is at the airport, about 20 miles away.

However, there has been one minor change. "Chance of precipitation"
has morphed into "precipitation potential". Don't let it bother you
as they mean the same thing.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D