Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Enclosing AC unit/condenser

On Jun 9, 6:21*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 16:54:42 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

Just had a new central AC unit installed. The condenser was installed
within a cutout corner section of my wood deck. I want to enclose it for
aesthetic purposes, but am fully aware to provide sufficient airflow. My
plan is a screened lattice which will be removable for service. Is
lattice sufficient enough for airflow?

If enclosed on two sides while the rest is open is no problem. *If the
lattice is fairly open and a little distance away, still no problem.
Be sure the leaving air is free to go too. *If you restrict the fan
you are adding load.

Ditto - Everything already said.