Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Completed

Martin Eastburn wrote:
Looks nice.

Thank you

I think I would have put on 4 legs on the bottom -
maybe half circles cut out of he side feet.

That suggestion was offered but declined by the customer. The wide side
legs have another function of hiding from side view the stuff that will be
stored on the floor.

Likely it will have
feet to keep it from rocking or s

Screw adjustable felt pad feet.

Martin

On 6/9/2013 6:50 PM, Leon wrote:
I have now finished adding the backs and door pulls and the unit is
ready for delivery.

I added a couple of pictures showing what most hide, the back side. I
started using back face frames on all of my cabinets about 18 months ago
and while similar to the front face frames the back face frame joints
are rabbet on rabbet reinforced with floating tenon's/Domino's.
This rabbet on rabbet joint naturally forms a rebate/recess all the way
around the in side back of the face frame that accepts the 1/4" back
panels. It makes for a very clean looking back and probably doubles the
cabinet's resistance to rack. So far I have built 34 front and back
face frames for 17 cabinets in the last 18 months.

The back view

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/9000688447/

And the inside view of the upper back cabinet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/9001873934/